Wednesday, September 16, 2009

1 week in...

Well we are 1 week into school now and it's going great for Garrett! He's doing so awesome! I'm so proud of him.

There is a board hanging in the front of their classroom that has each child's name on it with a see through pocket. Each child starts everyday with a blue paper and gold star in their pocket. If they have to be talked to once, they lose the blue paper and star and it's replaced w/ a yellow paper as a warning. Should they need to be talked to again, they get an orange paper and another verbal warning. If there is a 3rd incident, they get another colored paper and a 7 minute time out (head down on desk). A fourth incident results in another colored paper and another 7 minute time out. A fifth incident results in a purple colored paper and they lose their next recess.


Well, anyway, Garrett has only received the yellow warning paper 1 time and that was Friday. Every day before that and since, he's maintained his blue paper/gold star!! He's done an amazing job and I couldn't be happier!!

I'm not sure if it's his ADD meds or its the teacher tolerating him more, (since she knows he's got ADD)but either way, he's done great. The most important part is, he feels good about himself! He's not had any bathroom accidents either! He was having them all the time at the other school (and without his ADD meds).

I just needed to brag on him a bit! He's such a special boy and I'm so lucky to call him MINE :-D

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful!!! I'm glad he is doing so well at his new school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! Good job mama!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete