Wednesday, October 7, 2009

FINALLY!!!!

Our realtor called on Monday afternoon, left a voicemail saying he had an interested buyer and wanted to show it either Tuesday or Wednesday this week. It's been listed since June, and finally we have someone who wants to see it! I was very excited and called him right back. He said not to get my hopes up too high because the buyer is in a rough spot in her marriage and is just weighing her options. So, I went from excited to bummed quickly but got my house somewhat show ready.

I told our realtor we'd rather show it this morning, rather than on Tuesday so we'd have more time to get it looking good. He said he'd call me back to confirm the appointment of 930am this morning. I never heard from him yesterday even after I called asking if they were still coming. So, I relaxed, didn't do anything else to my house and expected them not to show up. Wrong!!!

I get a call from the realtor this morning at 845 saying he was here and waiting on the buyer to arrive at 930! Oh my goodness! Talk about stress!! Josh and I ran around here and got this place looking spotless in 45 minutes! Wow!!

Our realtor arrives at 935am with not 1, but 2 interested buyers!! They knew each other and are both looking to buy so they came together! Sweetness!!!! They were very nice women and had the most adorable 3 year old little girl with them. The little girl fell in love with our cat and her mom asked if the cat would come with the house! LOL

Anyway, both women "absolutely love it". But the question is, do either of them love it enough to buy it?? We sure hope so! One of them asked why we were moving out. I told her simply because this place is way too small for 5 of us. She looked at me a little worried because she has 3 children of her own. She loved that we had the master retreat room set up as Mattie's bedroom because she said that would be a perfect room for her daughter. It is a really nice sized room but there isn't much privacy having your child there when you're married. Being a single mom, yes, that room would work perfect for a child. Our master closet is the size of a small bedroom, literally! They fell in love with the size of the master bathroom and the closet.

The thing that has me worried though, is that there are a total of 6 other homes for sale in our community. Some have a much lower price than we are asking for ours. We cant lower our price though because of how much we owe on it, plus we'll owe our realtor 10% of the sale price. As much as we'd love to sell it to either of those women, we aren't holding our breath. One of the women said that they aren't home much with going to all her kids sports stuff. She said they are home really long enough to sleep and that's it. So, why would anyone want to spend $18,000 more on one house than another house if all they do at the house is sleep? I sure wouldn't. I know for a fact that there is a 3 bedroom/2 bath house here in the community that is a lot less that what we are asking of $47,900.

Our house is at the end of our community where there is little to no traffic, its quiet, and we have a cornfield behind our house, not any other houses. Those were all things that they said they liked, so we'll see. Again, not holding our breath but hoping and praying, they love everything about our house enough to want to spend the extra money on it.

In the middle of typing up this post, our realtor came by to give us feedback on the showing. He said overall, it went really well. The best feedback the women gave were from our house. The thing is, the one woman isn't looking to buy anything right now until she figures out whats going on with her marriage. She's looking to buy in the $25-30,000 range because she wants to pay cash. Our realtor said there is nothing in that price range here. He said she really liked that we have dry wall walls as we never got around to painting any of the rooms other than Garrett's. Our cabinets are the top of the top and are in really great shape. Also, she loved the master retreat room, as I said earlier. I told him that I understood our was one of the higher priced houses here to which he agreed, but said for the value, it's just fine. As much room as we have here along with how nice the house is, someone will pay what we are asking. We just need to find that right buyer.

He also told me that the lady responded to our home listing online. When she contacted our realtor she told him she wanted to see everything he had for sale, not just our house. He said that had she not told him that and because she responded to our home listing, this one would have been the only one she saw. Not that that helps us any, but hey, at least she liked our house enough to respond to that one ad.

That's where we stand right now. I'll update if I find out anything more.

2 comments:

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Rachel! Hopefully you can get it sold and get outta dodge so to speak...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, nominated you for a blogger thingie award, LOl! CHeck it out on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete