Friday, June 4, 2010

Another blog on the house stuff...

Our house has been on the market almost a year now. *Sigh* I'm so tired of the waiting and hoping that someone will find it "perfect" and want to buy it. All I want is to get my family into a bigger house and in the school district that G goes to now. It's a simple request really! LOL

The guy,George, who we were contracted to work with over the last year, and who is supposedly the "best" in Michigan in selling manufactured houses, sucks! He's worthless! When we signed our 1 year contract with him last June, we were so desperate to get out of here, we weren't really listening to what he was telling us. He told us that he will get 10% of the selling price but WE have to do the majority of the advertising. So.. he gets 10% of what exactly?? If it's not advertised, no one knows it's here and for sale. Seems most of that 10% he would be getting would be from advertising it on as many websites and in as many papers as possible. Well, as I said, we weren't listening. We heard him, but that's about it. We signed with him anyway. He really did NOTHING to advertise it over the last year. We had 1 lady walk through it in the last 12 months!!!!! She wasn't even interested in buying! She was just "weighing her options" because she had hit a bad spot in her marriage. Anyway, I had asked George if we could have open houses here. He told me that when the community has enough houses for sale, we'll have a community wide open house. That way it would be easier for the public to see lots of houses instead of just having them at all different times and dates.

Well on April 18, I had to go pick up G from a friends house. I came back home and saw signs at the front of the community advertising that an Open House was going on here. I was pissed! I came into the house, opened our weekly shopper guide and sure enough, there was a full page advertisement showing an Open House was going on here that day from 12-3pm!! He never called, emailed, nothing to tell us that they were having it so we could open our house too! Needless to say, I shot him an email that pretty much told him he was a worthless realtor and I'm not sure how he can be the best in Michigan. I fired him basically! He listed it on one website and put it in the shopper for 6 weeks! That's all he's done for advertisement in a years time! After the email to him, I sent the owner of our community a copy of that email because he is the one who told us to use George to sell instead of walking away like we were going to do last year. I still have not heard from either one of them.

Over the year, I've still continued to search and look for houses. J and I have been working like crazy to up his credit score (Mine is shot from my divorce) so maybe one day soon we could buy another home if ours ever sold.

Well, things might be starting to fall into place. We've been pre-approved for a mortgage even though we still own and are paying for our current house. We found a house that is absolutely perfect for us! It's a 4 bedroom, 2 full bath house. It's got an attached 2 car garage and fenced in back yard. It's been completely remodeled with hard wood floors throughout the entire house. The kitchen, laundry room and the bathrooms don't have the hardwood but every other room does. It's beautiful! It's a 2 story home with 3 bedrooms and 1 bath upstairs and the master bedroom down on the main floor.

We put in an offer the other day. The seller counter offered and we accepted it. Today, we have the inspection on it. If that goes well, we need to get an appraiser out there to do what he needs to do and then we wait for the approval on the mortgage. If that goes through, we should be closing some where between July 15-30th. The thing we are worried about, is this house not selling in the meantime. We can, with a lot of sacrifices, make both house payments and the lot rent where we are now, but I'm hoping that someone will come see it and want it.

We've taken over and are selling our current home by owner, which is scary to me! We know nothing about the paperwork part of selling it. We can show it and advertise it, which we are doing, but the paper work part is foreign to the both of us.

I have the house listed on Craigslist and on a manufactured home website. We also made up fliers and J went around hanging them up at businesses in the area. Hopefully, we can get out from under it soon and that the mortgage loan will be approved!

We need this new house so bad! We are out of room in the current house and we'd like to have our own bedroom back (Mattie sleeps right off our room which gives us no privacy!)

I have several pictures of the house we're hoping to get. I don't want to post them until I know 100% that we got it. Fingers crossed! :)

3 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    That guy seems like a huge crrep, in a way, 'm happy you didn't sell 'under him' he doesn't deserve 10%!!!

    Have you considered renting out te house you're in? Just until it sells? You can also do 'rent to own' that way too, so your income doesn't take a huge hit paying two houses...ya know? Just a thought, not sure if that's ideal or practical there.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a bunch of stupid people! I'm glad that everything is working out for you guys! Good luck with everything!

    Bethany (from TTCAS WebMD/CafeMom) :)

    ReplyDelete