Well my little man has to have surgery. We still aren't sure what the lump is, but it needs to come out. They will remove it, freeze it and then test it to find out. He said it could be an infected lymph node but the antibiotics should have taken care of it if that's what it was. He also asked if we lived on or near a cattle farm. We actually just moved away from one. Our fence line in our backyard was right up against a farm that had cattle on it. The doc said the cattle could have caused this. It's not TB but it's in the TB family. So, that's why they want to test it to see what it is. If we were to let it go, it will just keep growing. Then it will start affecting the skin and eventually the nerves in the face. He could end up with a droopy face and/or lips. That's obviously the last thing we want. So, he'll go into surgery probably next week. I'll update as soon as I get a day & time.
Gar, not knowing what to expect, is worried. So if any of you out there pray, please pray for calming for him. He gets himself all worked up and then becomes anxious. When I took him in for his CT scan, they had to give him an IV. We talked about what to expect but he still almost started to hyperventilate on the table as they were getting ready to put the needle in his arm. I hate seeing him like that. It makes me feel so helpless, so any prayers that might help him stay calm will be so appreciated!!
I am sending thoughts and prayers your way. And extra calming prayers to Garrett. ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteThoughts coming your way!
ReplyDelete~hugs~
(((HUGS)))Lots of thoughts and prayers for Garrett and your whole family!!!
ReplyDelete