Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm blogging now!

I can't believe I am starting a blog! I don't even really know what to say in these things to be honest. I don't know how much I'll use it but I'll try to keep it going. That said, I'll give an update on all of us.

Josh is still working at Perrigo and will be there 8 years in May. He works 2nd shift (3pm-11pm). It's a good, stable job and we have to be thankful for that. His job allows me to be home with the kids and supports our family. He usually works every other weekend, which also gives us some breathing room.

On April 13th, we will have been together for 8 years! Holy Cow! That seems so crazy to both of us! We will be celebrating 6 years of marriage in August, 2 days before he turns 30! Where is the time going? Seriously! It's just flying by!

Garrett has about 6-7 weeks left of school. His last day is May 22nd. He's still enjoying kindergarten and is already talking about going to 1st grade next year. He seems to be enjoying school for the most part. I can only hope it stays that way.

He will be 6 in June! That just doesn't seem right! I can't believe it at times! I keep telling him he needs to stop growing up but he just says to me "Mom, I can't! I just can't stop growing." He had his 6 month dental cleaning this past week and had been complaining about a toothache in the back of his mouth. I had checked his tooth to see if it was loose and it wasn't. So, when we went to the dentist, I told them he had been complaining about it. They asked me how old he was. When I told them he was almost 6, they said "Ah yes, it's probably his six year molars coming in but we'll look at it and find out for sure." Sure enough, that's exactly what's going on. I had no idea there was such a thing. So, not only do I have the twins who are teething, so is my 5 year old! :-) I told the dental hygienist that he needed to stop growing up and she laughed at me! LOL

So anyway, he is in his 2nd semester of Self Defense classes that he takes every Friday night. He is currently a yellow belt and will be testing for his green belt on May 15th. He has his 2nd competition on April 25th and is looking forward to that as well.

He is also registered to start playing soccer this spring. We are just waiting to hear who his coach is, what team he is on and what his practice/game schedule will be. Games are supposed to start around the middle of April. Hopefully we will hear something soon!

Garrett overall is a really good kid! He likes to test his boundaries and needs to be put in his place quite a bit, but what kid doesn't? He's 5 and thinks he's 25 at times but after a reminder (or two, or 20) he will get it. He likes to make us laugh by telling jokes, dancing goofy, or just being his cute self.

He did something totally inappropriate this afternoon but it was hilarious! I laughed until I cried! Josh was trying to get onto him for it,but at the same time, was trying not to laugh as well. He wasn't successful! So we laughed about it and then explained to him that although it was funny the first time, it wouldn't be funny a second time and he shouldn't do that again. He was getting dressed and he pulled down his pants & underwear. He then pointed his bare butt towards me, started shaking it from side to side and was singing "Shake, shake, shake your bootie!" I turned to look at him and saw nothing but his bare butt shaking! As I said, it was hilarious!! Ahh, the joys of kids....Especially boys!

Mattie & Teegan are 14 months old now! Mattalynn is doing really well!! Ever since she got tubes put in her ears on Feb. 25th, she's just taken off. She is 100% walking now. She's almost taken off into a run a few times also! If she falls, she just stands herself back up and keeps on walking. She talks quite a bit now. She says uh oh, hi, mama, dada, go, all gone, and lay down (she says this to the dogs). She's just starting to climb on things too. She squeals, which drives Mommy up a wall sometimes! LOL She squeals when she wants more food, when something is out of reach that she wants, or just...well, because she can! She's into everything and she tries to see how far she can push Mommy & Daddy's buttons. She's 1 though, so what else can we expect? She has quite a temper on her and makes the cutest "mad" faces I've ever seen! I can't help but laugh when she makes them. She is her daddy's girl all the way! She will go to him when he's home, more often than she will me. She will come to me when she's hurt, but otherwise, it's all Daddy! She's just started giving kisses and blowing them too. She even makes the MUAH sound when she blows her kisses. When we say the words "neener, neener" she will grab her ears and move her head from side to side. When we say the words "tickle, tickle" she will tickle her own belly or anyone who is near by her. She is just hilarious and cracks me up on a daily basis!


Teegan is also doing really well! He, too, is walking 100% now. He was barely walking at all until he saw Mattie doing it. He must have decided that looked pretty fun because all of a sudden, he started walking all the time. Every once in awhile he will crawl though. He hasn't learned yet how to stand himself up in the middle of the room though. So, if he does fall, he will crawl to a piece of furniture or something to help himself stand back up. Once standing, he's off again. He's still not as confident in himself as Mattie is, so he tends to take his time when walking. It's like he has all day to get where he wants to go. It's quite cute! He's still an over all happy baby. He smiles and laughs all the time which just melts my heart! He's a mommy's boy for sure!! If I've been gone for awhile and I see him when I get back, he will get a huge smile on his face and try to get to me as fast as he can go! He will be saying "Mama, mama" usually the whole time he's making his way to me! He doesn't talk very much. He only says a few words: Mama, Dada and Hi. That's about it. He still talks in his own language the majority of the time. He knows how to get laughs himself as well! For example, the other night he was trying to get behind our recliner chair. He knows he isn't supposed to be back there because of an electric outlet being back there. So, I got up to go get him and he booked it out of there as fast as he could on his hands and knees. He crawled into the middle of the living room where his blanket was laying and he quick laid his head down on it! It was one of the funniest things I've seen! I got quite a good laugh out of that one. He also knows how to push Mommy and Daddy's buttons though! He will do things intentionally, knowing he's not supposed to. As soon as he sees Josh or I coming towards him, he usually will keep on doing it more. It's so hard to be serious with him at times.


As you can see, the kids keep us pretty busy. They are so unique and in a lot of the ways, so much alike (Especially Garrett & Mattie!). I couldn't ask for 3 better children and I really am blessed with each and every one of them. They make our lives so much brighter! Being a mother is the best, most rewarding job ever! It's also the hardest, most challenging job! I wouldn't trade any of it though as they have each brought something new to our lives and I love it!


So, that's the latest from the Slotman's for now!

2 comments:

  1. I never thought I would be able to come up with anything either. But then I follow so many blogs something someone says triggers a thought. I brew on it, and then talk about it.
    Not to mention, if you get enough people to read, and you blog enough, they give you a chance to make a little $. Not that I know how much, but heck why not get paid to type??

    Also- my family, nor in-laws know about my blog. So when they really upset me HA HA HA they are soo fair game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your update Rachel! I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete