Three hours after I emailed M, I get an email back from him. Here is his response:
Rachel,
I received your email today. Rachel, I am completely unaware of the situation you described. I will contact K and L and find out what is happening immediately. Please be assured that we are not "targeting" you for anything other than trying to make you a satisfied resident and improve the situation at the school. Since we met I have had conversations with the President of the school board who is very interested in keeping families in the school system. He immediately had the principal of the elementary call me to discuss your issues further. (I have yet to connect with her as we keep playing phone tag) I will call you within 24 hours after I get information regarding your email. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
M
About a half hour after I get that email, which I didn't reply to, I get a phone call from K. Something happened with the phone lines and her call went right into voicemail. Anyway, she left a message asking me to call her back because she just got done talking to M about an email I had sent him. She said she was "blown away" by what she was hearing and would like to speak to me as soon as possible. So I called her right back and told her I had enough of the crap. I was sick and tired of feeling like we can't do anything right here. I said "K, please tell me what we've done wrong." She said "You've done absolutely nothing wrong. This was all unintended and a huge miscommunication. I knew nothing about you needing an inspection done on your home. Last I knew, you were meeting with M and were weighing your options." I said "You've got to be kidding me! You're telling me that you knew NOTHING about us needing an inspection? It's been a month now since we told L we needed one done. L has looked me right in the face and told me she's been emailing and calling you with no responses back." She then says "That's not true. It would only take me 5 minutes to walk around the outside of your home to do the inspection. I'm there in your community all the time. Why wouldn't I do a 5 minute inspection?" I told her I didn't know but I was not paying for another one to be done. According to the inspection that was done on May 15th, only the shed needed to be done and it is. She told me that I was 100% right and as long as the shed is done, the house could be put on the market. She told me that her and G would be here in the community today and they would get our house listed for us.
I thanked her and said that's all I wanted. I then asked her about the late rent payments. She said it was because we didn't pay our pet fees and therefore it was an overdue balance on our rent causing it to be late. I informed her we haven't had a dog since the end of April and that's why the pet fees weren't being paid. She said she didn't know that and she would take care of the balance we have on our account.
All in all it was a good conversation and I was pleased when I hung up the phone.
Now today, L (our community, on site manager) called me. She was the one who got my unpleasant message yesterday regarding our rent. She calls and says "I got your message and I wanted to let you know I know you paid your rent on time." I said "Yeah, I talked to K (who is L's boss). I kind of went off the deep end yesterday, had had enough of the crap and wrote an email to M. M talked to K, who turned around and called me. She told me it was about the pet fee thing. So, I want to apologize for the mean message I left." She says "Oh that's no problem, but that's why I was calling. By the way, I have been giving K the messages about doing your inspection but she's still not doing anything about it." I then went on to inform her about the conversation I had with K, who told me L never told her we needed the inspection. L blurts out "She's such a Liar! I've told her over and over. We've gone riding together doing lawn inspections and I've mentioned it to her when we've passed your house! I will be emailing her about this. I can't believe she's telling you I never told her about it!" L was really upset that K was calling her a liar. I don't blame her.
L,as I said, is our on site manager. Why, when she has to deal with all us residents day in and day out, would she lie to my face? I even asked her that. She said "Rachel, I wouldn't. I have no reason to lie to you. If I forgot to mention something to K, I would've told you. I'm not a liar and it really upsets me that she's making me out to be one to my residents. " I said "Look, L, I don't really care who is lying and who isn't, I just want my house listed for sale. I could call a meeting between M, K, you and I, but I won't. It's not really important to me who's lying." She understood and said when she found out more information she'd get back to me. I told her that K told me she and G would be out today and asked her if she knew anything about it. She said "No, I just talked to K this morning about lawn inspections and she never mentioned anything to me about it. That doesn't really mean much though, because they pop in all the time unannounced."
At 340pm today, after hearing nothing all day from K or G, I get a phone call. It's G calling to tell me he'll be here in the community to meet with someone at 10am and wanted to know if he could stop by either before or after. So, he's supposed to be here between 9-930 tomorrow morning for me to fill out a paper. Hopefully, he'll take the pics of the house, give me my For Sale sign, and get this started!
I hope it's over and done with soon, because I'm sick of the drama! I hate it!
Wow Rachel, it seems like the people in the office have a lot of issues amongst themselves. How annoying! I bet things start rolling now that all this has happened. Best of luck - I hope things come together quickly for you!
ReplyDeleteMOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE!
ReplyDeleteOh, can I say again, MOVE!
It sounds like they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between their bums and mouse holes there...so unhelpful, and the communication is HORRIBLE! What kind of incentive really is that to keep you there!?!?!?
I hope it settles out soon,and you guys get out!