Tuesday, June 9, 2009

More drama on the house situation

I'm so fed up with this place where we live!

Josh checked the mail today and comes flying in the house w/ a letter in his hand. He asked me if there was anyway that I could check when our rent payment cleared. I said "Yes, why?" He showed me the letter in his hand that stated we were late on our May rent! Our rent is always due on the 1st of the month and they give us a 5 day grace period. Any payments made after the 5th, you get charged a $25 late fee. We've never, never, never made a late payment, not even 1 day late. Our payments have always been in either on the 1st or a few days early. Well, because May 1st fell on a Friday, the day Josh's check clears the bank, we paid it that day. Our rent and our water bill go to the same place and are both due on the 1st. I always write separate checks for them both but put them in the same envelope. I then drop the envelope into the drop box at the office. I did that on May 1st. The letter states that they didn't get the rent payment until the 8th!

So, I got online and pulled up my bank statement. The rent check was dated May 1st and cleared the bank on May 8th and the water bill's check cleared the bank on May 5th! So, someone please tell me, how does a check clear the bank on the exact same day it was paid? Checks usually take a day or two at least to clear a bank after they are DEPOSITED into the bank! Yet, this letter claims we didn't pay it until the 8th! Freaking idiots! Also, how did the water payment clear the bank 3 days before the rent did if we didn't even pay them until the 8th??!?? These people think we are stupid, I swear!

I called the corporate office and got answering machines. I then called the office of the place we live and got another answering machine. By that time, I was so mad I was shaking!! So, I left a message there at the office where we live and I wasn't pleasant! I said that my rent was paid on May 1st and just because they don't cash the check right away, that's not our fault and I will not be paying any late fees! Also, why would they be writing us a full month after the fact? If May's rent was late, why are they getting the letter to us now, on June 9th?

So this was really the straw that broke the camel's back. I grabbed up the computer and wrote a letter to M, the vice president of the company. He's also the one who we originally met with about a month ago. I'm tired of feeling like we have targets on our backs. We can do nothing right anymore with them and the thing is, we've done everything they've asked so we can remain in good standing with them. I kept getting too busy to call M when I said I was going to last week so the email I sent today, says everything I've been meaning to say to him!

I told him that I would not be paying another $30 for an inspection when the one was already done. Josh did in fact getting the painting done on the shed last week and it needed to be done by tomorrow. So, we complied with what they wanted. I also told him I want G out here to get the house listed by June 16th. If I don't hear from him or if he's not here to do it by that date, I will take it on my own and will get a for sale sign put up myself. I will advertise the house and do everything on my own. I'm not waiting for them. I'm sick of it here and don't want to wait another year to get out of here!

I'm tired of it all and I'm sick of the stress it's putting on Josh and I.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Rachel, this stinks. I hope it works out for you guys, and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Rachel that they are doing this to you. HOpefully you set them straight today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds a bit like harrassment! I might tell M that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally shaking my head on this one. Total b/s it is like they know your leaving so make your life hell while they can.

    ReplyDelete