I was asked about whether or not I would get the dogs back now that we aren't moving. The answer is no. Their new owners (S&J) paid for them & they are in a very, very good home now. I keep in touch with them and to be honest, I believe they are in an even better home than they were with us.
These people have no children so they spend all their spare time with Alex & Daisy. I just emailed them the other night to find out how their first week went. S wrote me back and said that her and J are enjoying them so much! They have walked them around town several times, bought them new leashes and harnesses and put ties out back. The ties are there so when S&J are out in the yard, the dogs can be out there to hang with them. S said that starting next week they will be fencing in the backyard so that Alex & Daisy can run around without taking off and getting lost.
During the day when Josh is home, we are usually busy running errands, spending time with the babies, cleaning house, etc and at night I'm home alone w/ the 3 kids. We never had time to walk them. They would go out back, do their business, run around for a few minutes and have to come right back inside. With S & J they are getting daily exercise.
They have 3 cats that Alex is enjoying (terrorizing) but S said they are getting used to the dogs. When they first met the dogs, the cats jumped up on top of their cabinets and wouldn't come down. She said that they are all down now on the floor with the dogs & all 5 animals are tolerating each other well.
How could I go back to these awesome people, who were willing to take 2 dogs together & are taking such good care of them, to say "oh sorry, our plans fell through and now we want the dogs back"? I could NEVER do that! I couldn't do that to S & J nor could I do that to the dogs.
Don't get me wrong, we miss them a TON. Garrett just said to me tonight in the car that he wanted to go see Alex & Daisy again. This is the 2nd time he's said anything in the almost 2 weeks they've been gone. So, yeah, we miss them. I just know right from wrong and I can't do that.
~~hugs~~
ReplyDeleteYou can have my dog! LOL!
Seriously though, it is hard.