We have the guy coming out to talk to us about getting our house listed for sale on Tuesday. I'm nervous because I know how hard these modular houses are to resell. I know that you can get a new one for fairly cheap, so why would anyone want a pre-owned? When M came out almost 2 weeks ago, he said he could sell our house for about the same price we bought it for 5 years ago. We bought this house brand spanking new. It wasn't even completely put together yet when we saw it & bought it. So yeah, I'm very nervous but I'm hoping for the best. The economy also plays a HUGE factor too when it comes to selling houses. M did say our community has been doing pretty well since December. They've sold numerous houses in here since then and within the next six weeks, they have 5 more houses coming in. Those 5 houses already have owners who are just moving their houses into here. I'm hoping that means good things for us.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I believe that everything happens for a reason. I obviously may not know what any of the reasons are, but I do believe it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things go well on Tuesday.
My sister (T) and I were out hitting garage sales this morning when she told me about a sale she went to yesterday. The lady that owned the house died in November. Her daughter (R) is having an estate sale there. Anyway, the house is for sale & R's husband took my sister for a tour of the home. T loved the home & was telling me all about it. She took me over to the house today so I could walk through it. I really, really liked it. I took Josh back there a couple hours later to let him walk through it, and he too, liked it. It's a 4 bedroom, 2 full bath house. It has a 3 season porch, decks on the front and back, 2.5 car attached garage, privacy fenced in backyard w/ a fire pit and central air. The basement is a finished walkout, with 2 bedrooms & a full bath down there. The other 2 bedrooms & bath are on the main floor. It comes w/ all appliances (stove, fridge, dishwasher, washer & dryer). The decks & 3 season porch are brand new. R's mom had them put on the house in September 2008 & as I said, she died in November 2008, suddenly. She never had a chance to enjoy them. She only lived in the house about 2.5 years and had central air put in when she moved in. It wasn't working right and last year they had it totally redone. So, that's only a year old as well. The backyard has enough room that a swing set, a pool, a trampoline, a picnic table plus other lawn furniture could all be put back there and it wouldn't feel crowded. It's huge! The price is awesome and if we could sell our current home, we could easily afford that house.
As much as we liked it though, I don't want to get my hopes up on it. I just have a gut feeling that we won't be able to sell our current home. There is no way we could afford 2 house payments & I really don't want to just walk away from our current house. Yeah, we talked about it before, but the more I've thought about it, the more I think that would be a HUGE mistake. We've been working so hard these past few years to establish Josh's credit. We've paid off 2 credit cards as well as some smaller loans. Our only debt right now is our house and Josh's car, That's it! We can have his car paid off in Jan/Feb of 2010 and then the only debt we'd have is the house. Do we really want to walk away, file bankruptcy and ruin everything we've worked so hard to establish? No! I just don't know what to do. We NEED a bigger home. There is no question there. We just can't put the boys together in one room nor can we put Mattie in with either boy. They each need their own rooms & we can't provide them with that in this house for much longer. Currently, Mattie sleeps in the retreat room which is right off of the master bedroom. The problem with that is, Josh and I have no privacy with her in there. Right now, she doesn't know anything, but as she gets older.... well yeah, let's just say, that's not going to work! Haha!
There was a lady at that estate sale, who I assumed is friends with R. She asked where we currently are living. I told her & she proceeded to tell us that her sister lived in here. Come to find out, her sister was my next door neighbor, who moved out 2 years ago. She told me that her sister got divorced and couldn't pay for the house anymore. She had the house up for sale for months and months before she left. She just walked away from it because it wasn't selling & she just couldn't afford it anymore. That house sat empty for 2 years. It just sold in December 2008. This lady also told me she knows of 4 other people who owned homes here that weren't selling, so they too, just walked away from them. That's scary! Our other next door neighbor also walked away from hers shortly after the first one did. That one sold a lot quicker but it still took about a year. So we could be looking at at least a year or two before it sells, if ever.
I know I talk about our housing situation on here a lot, but it's about the only place I can just put down all my feelings about it. My mind wanders all over the place as do my blog posts, I'm sure. I just hope it all ends soon because I'm tired of it taking over all my thoughts!
One thing you could do, you can put M and T together. I know with K & J they shared a room until K was five.
ReplyDeleteNo it is not a long term thing, but it gives you and J your privacy, and gives you a little more time to sell.
I am hopeful that the economy improves soon. So that homes start selling.
I would love to put Mattie and Teegan together, but that doesn't work. Teegan is such a super light sleeper and when Mattie wakes up, she screams! I don't know why she does that but she does. It would wake Teegan straight up. It's kind of the same thing with putting Garrett & Teegan together. Teegan usually goes to bed later than Garrett, especially on school nights. Garrett has to be woken in the middle of the night to go potty & that would wake Teegan up. That's why I was saying that they each need their own rooms. I wish they would easily share rooms because it would make things much less complicated! LOL
ReplyDelete